P.E and Sports Funding
WHAT IS THE PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM?
The PE and sports premium is a government funding stream designed to help primary schools improve the quality of PE and sports activities they offer.
Schools receive PE and sports premium funding based on the number of pupils in the school.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on making additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we provide. We have the freedom to choose how we feel our money is best spent, however it should:
- develop or add to the PE and sports activities that our school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The total funding made available to us via instalments throughout the financial year will total £17,180.
Possible uses for the funding (cited by the DfE) include: for 2017/18. This figure was reached by the DfE by using information reported in the January Census.
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sports competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
The school’s commitment to improving provision is evident in the substantial amounts allocated from other budget areas (P.E budget, salaries, capital funds, etc)
Please click on the buttons below to learn how Iver Village Infant School are improving their provision for PE and sport: